Other Taxes US - Create New Record
Use this procedure to create a new Other Taxes US (0235) infotype record. Creating a new record is necessary when the employee has become exempt from certain state or federal taxes.
Certain groups of employees are exempt from some taxes because of the nature of the work they do. These may include:
Exemptions from Federal Taxes
Exemptions from State Taxes
These groups of employees require an Others Taxes US (0235) record created to exempt them from these taxes processing through payroll. If exemptions are needed for Federal Withholding, use the Withholding Info W4/W5 – Employee Tax Exemption procedure instead.
Enter transaction code PA30 in the command field and click the Enter button.
Complete the following field:
- Personnel no.
Click Enter to populate the employee information.
On the Payroll tab, click the box to the left of Other Taxes US.
In the Time period section, select the Period radio button and enter the effective dates of the Other Taxes US record.Tips:
The From date should reflect the actual check date the exemption is to begin.
The To date should reflect the end date of the exemption:
- If the exemption is ongoing, use 12/31/9999.
- If the exemption is to end, use the day before the check date in which the exemption ends.
For this example, the employee’s exemption will be effective for one pay period only, therefore dated with the check date for the period exempted.
In the Direct Selection Infotype STy, enter the appropriate Subtype for your exemption:
- WA - State Exemptions
- FED - Federal Exemptions
Click the Create button.
Complete the following required field:
Exemption selections are as follows:
- Blank - Not exempt
- R - Exempt, reportable: use for an employee that is exempt from taxation, but whose earnings are reportable.
- X - Exempt, partly reportable: use for an employee when no tax is withheld and the /6XX wage types are built, but the /7XX wage types are not.
- Y - Exempt, not reportable: use for an employee that is both exempt from certain taxes and whose earnings should not be reported, such as a foreign national.
Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) Tax Types are:
- 087 – Employee Family Leave Insurance Tax
- 099 – Employee Medical Leave Insurance Tx
- 100 – Employer Medical Leave Insurance Tx
Click the Enter button to validate the information.
Click the Save button.Tips:
Be aware that exemptions should be delimited in the event of a separation or transfer to a new agency. Many exemptions do not follow the employee.