Payroll Out-of-State Employee Tax Resources
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
OFM will continue to add resources and information to this page as they become available. Please submit questions to email@example.com.
- HRMS Other State Tax Wage Types
- Out of State Tax Processing in HRMS Guidance
- Washington Labor & Industry Reciprocal States
- Out-of-state remote work guidance and resources
- Out-of-State workbook (Excel): This is a draft resource spreadsheet to assist as you begin your research on necessary compliance details. This tool should supplement and not be used in lieu of careful research for each instance of out-of-state telework.
- DES Out-of-State Worker's Compensation (PDF): This is an FAQ about the DES-administered insurance program that agencies must enroll in for their state employees working outside Washington for more than 240 hours per year.
- Out-of-State Remote Work Guidance and Resources (PDF): The contents of this page, as of Oct. 1, 2021, compiled in one document that can be downloaded, saved and referred to off-line.
- Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM) Multistate Laws Comparison Tool (SHRM Membership Required to Access)
- Federation of Tax Administrators – State Tax Agencies: List of state tax agency websites.
- States with no income tax 2022: 9 states have no income taxes — Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming. Other state or local taxes may apply.
- Professional Association Resources: