Other Taxes US - Copy and Update Record
Use this procedure to copy an existing Other Taxes US (0235) infotype record and update it with necessary changes. Using the Copy action will retain the history of the previous record.
Certain groups of employees are exempt from some taxes because of the nature of the work they do. These may include:
Exemptions from Federal Taxes
Exemptions from State Taxes
These groups of employees require an Others Taxes US (0235) record created to exempt them from these taxes processing through payroll. If exemptions are needed for Federal Withholding, use the Withholding Info W4/W5 US procedure instead.
Enter transaction code PA30 in the command field and click the Enter button.
Complete the following field:
- Personnel no.
Click Enter to populate the employee information.
On the Payroll tab, click the box to the left of Other Taxes US.
Click the Overview button.
Click the box to the left of the record you want to copy.
Click the Copy button.
Enter the appropriate Start and To dates.Tips:
When using the Copy button, the Start and To dates will populate with the dates of the existing record. Be sure to enter the new Start and To dates to keep the history of the existing record.
For this example, the employee’s exemption will be effective for one pay period only, therefore dated with the check date for the period exempted.
Enter the necessary changes to the record.Tips:
Exemption selections are as follows:
- Blank - Not exempt.
- R - Exempt, reportable: use for an employee that is exempt from taxation, but whose earnings are reportable.
- X - Exempt, partly reportable: use for an employee when no tax is withheld and the /6XX wage types are built, but the /7XX wage types are not.
- Y - Exempt, not reportable: use for an employee that is both exempt from certain taxes and whose earnings should not be reported, such as a foreign national
Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) Tax Types are:
- 087 – Employee Family Leave Insurance Tax
- 099 – Employee Medical Leave Insurance Tx
- 100 – Employer Medical Leave Insurance Tx
Click the Enter button to validate the information.
Click the Save button.Tips:
Be aware that exemptions should be delimited in the event of a Separation or Transfer to a new agency. Many exemptions do not follow the employee.
If an employee changes between non-bargaining unit and bargaining unit positions mid-pay period, adjustments to PFML premiums will need to be made. Please see the Additional Payment user procedure for more information.