Personal Data - Change Existing Record

 View Options:              Print
Procedure Updated: 

Use this procedure to make a correction to an existing Personal Data (0002) infotype record.


Be sure to notify your benefits processor immediately of any corrections to an employee's name, social security number, date of birth, sex assigned at birth, or marital status, so they can make any necessary corrections in Pay1 and with DRS.

A Social security number needs to be corrected in Pay1 on the same day it was corrected in HRMS; otherwise Pay1 will create another record for the employee with the new social security number.

  1. Step 1

    Enter transaction code PA30 in the command field and click the Enter button.

    Screenshot of command field.

  2. Step 2

    Complete the following fields:

    • Personnel no.

    Screenshot of personnel number field.

  3. Step 3

    Click on Enter to populate the employee information.

  4. Step 4

    On the Basic Personal Data tab, click the box to the left of Personal Data.

    Screenshot of Basic Personal Data screen.

  5. Step 5

    Click Overview.

  6. Step 6

    Click the box to the left of the incorrect record.

    Screenshot of incorrect record.

  7. Step 7

    Click the Change button.

    • Using the Change button overwrites the existing record and should only be used when making corrections.

  8. Step 8

    Correct one or more of the following fields:

    window with name and HR data sections

  9. Step 9

    Click the Enter button to validate the information.

    • If you corrected the employee’s social security number and receive an error message “Social Security Number already assigned to another employee”, then the employee already has one or more Personnel Numbers in the system with this social security number. Back out of the change action and contact to assist in creating a Reference Personnel Number and correcting the social security number.

  10. Step 10

    Click the Save button.