Periodic Increment and Longevity Increase Historical Report
Use this report to view periodic increment and longevity increase activity during a specified period of time.
This report is set-up to display results if the following criteria is met on an employee’s Basic Pay (0008) infotype record:
- their pay is indirectly valued,
- the Pay Adjust Reason is set to Periodic Increment (01) or Longevity (26), and
- the Pay Scale Type, Pay Scale Area, Pay Scale Group, or Pay Scale Level changed from the previous record.
This report will display the first record of consecutive records where the pay adjust reason is either Longevity (26) or Periodic Increment (01) and the Pay Scale Type, Pay Scale Area, Pay Scale Group, or Pay Scale Level have not changed from the previous record.
- Example: Employee received a periodic increment increase on 9/1/2012. User copied the 9/1/2012 record to add the next increase date of 9/1/2013 and changed the effective Start date to 12/1/2012 but incorrectly left the pay adjust reason code 01- Periodic Increment.
The 9/1/2012 record would display on the report and the 12/1/2012 record would not be included since there was no change to the employee’s Pay Scale Type, Pay Scale Group, or Pay Scale Level on 12/1/2012.
Enter transaction code ZHR_RPTPA804 in the command field and click the Enter button.
Complete the Period section.
The following radio buttons are available for selection:
- Current month
- Current year
- Up to today
- From today
- Other period
The Period section will determine the time period of the Basic Pay (0008) infotype records that will display in the results.
The period will default to Today, but can be changed to a different selection.
Selecting the Other period radio button and entering a specific date range is recommended for this report. To view all of an employee’s periodic increment and longevity increases in HRMS, use the Up to today selection.
Complete the Selection section.
The following fields are optional:
- Personnel Number
- Employment Status
- Organization key
- Business area
- Work contract
- Organizational unit
The Selection section will assist in getting only the information needed. A selection is not required for each field.
Additional fields can be added to the Selection section using the Further selections button.
The Employment status selection field defaults to exclude Withdrawn (0) employees.
The Additional data section will assist in getting only the information needed. A selection is not required for each field.
Planned compensation type defaults to T (pay scale structure). Do not change.
Pay Adjust Reason will default to Periodic Increment (01) and Longevity (26). Removing the default values will result in displaying records that were not a result of a periodic increment or longevity increase, and is not recommended. However, you can adjust the filter to only display one Pay Adjust Reason, such as Longevity increases only.
Previously saved layout variants may be added to the Data Format section.
Screenshot of Data Format section. Click to expand.
A Layout is not required. Leaving this field blank will result in the default layout for this report.
Click the Execute button.
Sample report results:
Sample report results. Click to expand.
Sample report results. Click to expand.
Columns included in the report results depend on your default layout for this report. The report layout can be changed, saved or a previously saved layout can be selected.
Start and End Dates are the start and end dates of the employee’s Basic Pay (0008) infotype record.
PS Change is an indicator to show if there was a change to the Pay Scale Type, Area, Group, or Level fields.
The following table maps each field to the infotype:
|Report Field||Infotype Name||Infotype Number|
|Bus Area||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Bus Area Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Duty Station County||Job Attributes||1660|
|Duty Station County code||Job Attributes||1660|
|EE Group Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|EE Group Text||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Employee Name||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|End Date||Basic Pay||0008|
|Job Class Abbrev||Job Object||1000|
|Job Code||Job Object||1000|
|Org Key||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Org Unit Abbr||Org Unit Object||1000|
|Org Unit Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Organizational Unit||Org Unit Object||1000|
|Part-time Indicator||Planned Working Time||0007|
|Pay Adjust Reason||Basic Pay||0008|
|Pers Area||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Pers Area Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Pers Subarea||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Pers Subarea Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Personnel ID||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Position Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Position Short Text||Position Object||1000|
|PS Area||Basic Pay||0008|
|PS Area Code||Basic Pay||0008|
|PS Group||Basic Pay||0008|
|PS Lvl||Basic Pay||0008|
|PS Ty||Basic Pay||0008|
|PS Ty Code||Basic Pay||0008|
|Start Date||Basic Pay||0008|
|Work Contract||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Work Contract Code||Organizational Assignment||0001|
|Workforce Indicator||Job Relationship||1001|
|Workforce Indicator Code||Job Relationship||1001|
Below is an example of running the PID and Longevity Increase Historical Report. It is not a comprehensive list of every scenario.
My agency HR Director has asked for data showing who received longevity increases during the last fiscal year (FY18).
- On the report selection screen:
- Other period
- Period = 7/1/2017 To 6/30/2018.
- Employment status ≠ 0 (default value)
- Business area = 1630
- Additional data
- Planned compensation type = T (default value)
- Pay Adjust Reason = 26
- Execute the report.
- Nineteen employees display in the report results; but upon inspection, only 18 advanced to step M during fiscal year 2018. (Columns removed for easy viewing, data sorted by Start Date):
- An overview of the employee’s Basic Pay (0008) infotype confirms the employee did not move to step M during the period 7/1/2017 – 6/30/2018:
- When displaying the record from the report results, with a 10/1/2017 start date, we see that the Reason field was incorrectly entered as Longevity (26), when the employee did not receive a longevity increase on this date.
- The Periodic Increment and Longevity Increase Historical Report is showing this record because it has the Longevity (26) pay adjust reason.