Other Taxes US - Change Existing Record
Use this procedure to make a correction to or end an employee’s Other Taxes US (0235) infotype record.
Certain groups of employees are exempt from some taxes because of the nature of the work they do. These may include:
Exemptions from Federal Taxes
Exemptions from State Taxes
These groups of employees require an Others Taxes US (0235) record created to exempt them from these taxes processing through payroll. If exemptions are needed for Federal Withholding, use the Withholding Info W4/W5 – Employee Tax Exemption procedure instead.
Enter transaction code PA30 in the command field and click the Enter button.
Complete the following field:
- Personnel no.
Click Enter to populate the employee information.
On the Payroll tab, click the box to the left of Other Taxes US.
Click the Overview button.
Click the box to the left of the record you wish to correct or end.
Click the Change button.TIPS:
Using the Change button overwrites the existing record and should only be used when making corrections.
Enter necessary changes to the record:TIPS:
In most cases, the Start and To dates should not be changed. Changing the Start or To dates will delete the record being updated.
Exemption selections are as follows:
- Blank - Not exempt
- R - Exempt, reportable: use for an employee that is exempt from taxation, but whose earnings are reportable.
- X - Exempt, partly reportable: use for an employee when no tax is withheld and the /6XX wage types are built, but the /7XX wage types are not.
- Y - Exempt, not reportable: use for an employee that is both exempt from certain taxes and whose earnings should not be reported, such as a foreign national.
Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) Tax Types are:
- 087 – Employee Family Leave Insurance Tax
- 099 – Employee Medical Leave Insurance Tx
- 100 – Employer Medical Leave Insurance Tx
Refer to the Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave program on the Employment Security Department’s website for questions related to an employee’s PFML exempt status or contact the PFML program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the Enter button to validate the information.
Click the Save button.TIPS:
Be aware that exemptions should be delimited in the event of a Separation or Transfer to a new agency. Many exemptions do not follow the employee.
If an employee changes between non-bargaining unit and bargaining unit positions mid-pay period, adjustments to PFML premiums will need to be made. Please see the Additional Payment user procedure for more information.