Calculate holiday pay for hourly employees ensuring you are following SAAM guidelines. Refer to SAAM Manual 25.30.30.b for calculations.
Use the monthly HCA reports you have received from HCA, the Reconciliation Template found on the OFM website, and the Health Care Reconciliation Report to reconcile the differences between PAY1 and HRMS amounts related to Account 035/GL 5181 and W-2 reporting requirements. . Use the Health Insurance Sample Reconciliation and Instructions resource as needed.
1st Payroll Cutoff in February- Finalize processing Annual Sick Leave Buyout prior to the first payroll cutoff in February.
- Receive signed Sick Leave Buyout Forms from employees
- Create Sick Leave Buyout record(s) - Buyouts should be effective January 31st
Mid-Jan – Receive opt-in/opt-out forms from employees for Annual Sick Leave buyout. For employees who have opted in:
- Create Sick Leave Buyout Forms using the Buyout Statements Report
- Send Sick Leave Buyout Form(s) for return signature
Be sure to include a “Respond no later than” date for return signature.
1st Week in January – Begin processing Annual Sick Leave buyout:
- Finalize sick leave processing of previous calendar year leave requests
- Determine Eligibility
- Contact eligible employees for opt-in/opt-out options
Be sure to include a “Respond no later than” date to eligible employees.
Reporting Only Agencies should follow the Sick Leave Buyout – Reporting Only Agency Determine Eligibility/Calculate Sick Leave Buyout process
Late-Dec – Begin agency planning and preparation for Annual Sick Leave buyout process:
- Contact Leave Approvers to ensure all calendar year sick leave is processed as soon as possible.
- If requesting print or mail services through Department of Enterprise Services, initiate contact by emailing PrintCSR@des.wa.gov.
Mid-Nov - Remind employees to update their mailing address for accurate W-2 mailings. Address changes can be made through MyPortal or the Addresses (0006) infotype. Refer to the Addresses user procedures.
Late-Dec - 3rd run of EVS Verification Failure Report to check for employees who have a mismatch in their SSN or Name provided. Work with your Personnel Administration Processor to make any corrections on the Personal Data (0002) infotype, refer to the Personal Data - Change Existing Record procedure.
Final Day 0 in Dec - Final Offcycle Workbench for the year. Once the final Day 0 concludes, agencies will no longer to be able to process an Offcycle workbench for the closing year. If this deadline is missed, manual adjustments will be required.
Mid-Nov - Remind employees to submit a new Form W-4 if their filing status, allowances, or exempt status has changed since the last time they filed a W-4 (if no changes, do not resubmit). For changes, follow the Withholding Info W4/W5 US - Copy and Update Record user procedure.